Natural and Innovative Medicine
Medical marijuana (MMJ), or cannabis, has been used as medicine in various cultures for thousands of years. Long-recognized for its anti-inflammatory, pain-reducing, anti-nausea, calming and other amazing attributes, cannabis is prized for its diversity of benefits.
In recent decades, medical research has once again discovered the amazing health benefits of this herb and states across the country continue to legalize its use for medical patients under the care of their doctors.
In thousands of years of recorded cannabis use, there are no records of marijuana causing fatalities from ingestion. Marijuana, in essence, does not cause toxification of the body, shut down any organs or cause physical dependence*.
Comparatively, aspirin kills thousands of people annually, yet is sold off the shelf at any grocery store.
rs because MMJ is not capable of causing any sort of overdose, although it can Medical marijuana is often the best alternative for patients who require high doses of lethal painkille
cause someone to become tired and fall asleep. People with sensitive lungs who use medical marijuana should consider using edible products rather than smoking the dried flowers.
MMJ is known to treat a great list of ailments, but Washington State Law only allows for treatment of the following conditions:
For many of these conditions, medical marijuana replaces bags full of pharmaceuticals and provides a whole new quality of life:
- Cancer, human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), multiple sclerosis, epilepsy or other seizure disorder, or spasticity disorders
- Intractable pain, limited for the purpose of this chapter to mean pain unrelieved by standard medical treatments and medications
- Glaucoma, either acute or chronic, limited for the purpose of this chapter to mean increased intraocular pressure unrelieved by standard treatments and medications
- Crohn’s disease with debilitating symptoms unrelieved by standard treatments or medications
- Hepatitis C with debilitating nausea or intractable pain unrelieved by standard treatments or medications
- Diseases, including anorexia, which result in nausea, vomiting, wasting, appetite loss, cramping, seizures, muscle spasms, or spasticity, when these symptoms are unrelieved by standard treatments or medications
- Renal (Kidney) Failure
When you schedule an appointment with us, you will receive a full visit with our doctor to get thorough holistic care and treatment.Our goal is to help you get better, not just to treat your symptoms.
Call us today for an appointment or “Schedule Now” online. If our naturopathic doctors determine that medical marijuana is right for you, you can get your green card at the end of your appointment.
* Psychological dependence has been reported by some people and use should be monitored by your doctor.